West Branch, Iowa
The Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum is one of fourteen presidential libraries operated by the National Archives and Records Administration. The Library and Museum is located at 210 Parkside Drive, West Branch, Iowa, 52358, on the grounds of the Herbert Hoover National Historic Site.
Hours of Operation
Open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
For weather related closures, please call 319-643-5301.
The Hoover Museum Gift Shop is open daily from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Research Room is open Monday - Friday 8:45 - noon and 12:30 - 4:45 except for Federal holidays.
- Adults (ages 16-61): $10.00
- Seniors (ages 62 and over), Active/Retired Military with ID and College Students with ID: $5.00
- Children (ages 6-15): $3.00
- Children (5 and under): FREE
- Hoover Presidential Foundation members: Free
- For Group scheduling please use the online form.
- School groups can schedule using the online form.
- The Museum can be rented for meetings by calling 319-643-5301.
The Hoover Library and Museum is located 1/4 mile north of I-80 at Exit 254, in West Branch, Iowa—10 miles east of Iowa City and 50 miles west of the Quad Cities.
The nearest airports are the Eastern Iowa Airport in Cedar Rapids (about 30 miles north-west of West Branch) and the Quad City International Airport in Moline, Illinois (about 60 miles east of West Branch).
For detailed visitor information, you may wish to visit the West Branch website or the Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau. These websites include information about accommodations, dining and area attractions.