Plan Your Visit
West Branch, Iowa
The Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum is one of fourteen presidential libraries operated by the National Archives and Records Administration. The Library and Museum is located at 210 Parkside Drive, West Branch, Iowa, 52358, on the grounds of the Herbert Hoover National Historic Site.
Hours of Operation
Open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
For weather related closures, please call 319-643-5301. During the winter months, inclement weather sometimes prompts the delay or closure of the Library. If you plan to visit during these periods, please check social media pages or call for status updates.
The Hoover Museum Gift Shop is open daily from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Research Room is open Monday - Friday 8:45 to noon and 12:30 to 4:45. The Research Room will be closed December 24 all day and close at noon on December 31, it is also closed on all Federal holidays.
- Adults (ages 16-61): $10.00
- Seniors (ages 62 and over), Active/Retired Military with ID and College Students with ID: $5.00
- Children (ages 6-15): $3.00
- Children (5 and under): FREE
- Hoover Presidential Foundation members: Free
- For Group scheduling please use the online form.
- School groups can schedule using the online form.
- The Museum can be rented for meetings by calling 319-643-5301.
- The Museum is fully wheelchair accessible, including the auditorium and park.
- Handicap parking spaces are located in the parking lot next to the museum entrance.
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge on a first come, first served basis.
- Motorized scooters are allowed.
- Video presentations are closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Only animals defined by the ADA as Service Animals are allowed into the Museum.
- Pets are not allowed.
Download our App! Enjoy your own private museum guide as the app welcomes you and provides orientation videos. Be guided through the life story of Herbert Hoover, as well as past and present temporary exhibits. Test your knowledge in scavenger hunts, view additional photos or videos that are not currently displayed and check back often for new content. https://hoover.stqry.app/
The Museum galleries are self-guided. There is an app available at the App Store or the Google Play Store, search for "Hoover Museum." The free app will give a self-guided tour of the galleries. You can also access it on your web-enabled smartphone at: hoover.oncell.com.
The Sales Desk staff has a Scavenger Hunt for young visitors to play while in the Museum galleries, please ask for a copy.
Visitors under the age of 14 need to be accompanied by a parent, guardian or otherwise responsible adult at all times.
Photography is permitted with no flash in the permanent galleries as objects are sensitive to light. No photographs are allowed in the temporary galleries.
Food is not available in the Museum or at the Hoover National Historic Site. There are restaurants in West Branch that serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The Events tab lists all of the upcoming programs and exhibits.
The Hoover Library and Museum is located 1/4 mile north of I-80 at Exit 254, in West Branch, Iowa—10 miles east of Iowa City and 50 miles west of the Quad Cities.
The nearest airports are the Eastern Iowa Airport in Cedar Rapids (about 30 miles north-west of West Branch) and the Quad City International Airport in Moline, Illinois (about 60 miles east of West Branch).
For detailed visitor information, you may wish to visit the West Branch website or the Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau. These websites include information about accommodations, dining and area attractions.