The Herbert Hoover Presidential Library-Museum is part of the Presidential Libraries System administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), an independent federal agency. Official job listings are posted on USA Jobs. See the links below for more information:
- Employment information at the National Archives and Records Administration
- Presidential Libraries Internship Opportunities
Volunteers at the Presidential Libraries serve a variety of functions:
- Museum docents provide museum tours and visitor assistance to over 1 million visitors each year.
- Volunteers also work with library holdings, including textual records, audiovisual materials, oral history transcripts, and museum artifacts, by assisting with archival and curatorial projects.
- By answering telephones and preparing general information and educational mailings, volunteers provide invaluable support to the library staff and allow the libraries to serve the public in a more timely and courteous manner.
- Library volunteers work in educational outreach programs, traveling to schools and nursing homes to present historical dramas, educational workshops and informational slide shows.
To learn more about the volunteer program at the Hoover Presidential Museum please call the museum at 319-643-5301 or complete the Volunteer Application (pdf) and send to:
Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum
210 Parkside Drive
PO Box 488
West Branch, IA 52358